E2 Visa Transfer Guide

This is not a complicated process, provided you are diligent, and prep your docs carefully.

Some things to keep in mind:

* Teachers must transfer their visa within two (2) weeks of the beginning of their new contract.

* You will need to make an online reservation: Click me

* When visiting immigration, get a copy of your degree and criminal check certified by immigration. Your director will need to submit them to the local Office of Education.

What documents do you need?

Teacher’s Docs
  • Signed contract (copy and original)
  • Passport – you will get your passport back.
  • ARC (Alien registration card)
  • Tax receipt (근로소득원천징수) – Get this at your local tax office
  • Letter of release from former employer – If you finished your contract, you DO NOT need Letter of release
  • Application Form (you can get this at the Immigration office)
  • 60,000 WON (visa FEE)
Employer’s Docs
  • School business license copy
  • School registration copy
  • Your work schedule
  • Singed contract
  • School housing contract (if you have your own place then need to bring yours)
  • Confirmation of Residence/Accommodation