E2 Visa Transfer Guide
This is not a complicated process, provided you are diligent, and prep your docs carefully.
Some things to keep in mind:
* Teachers must transfer their visa within two (2) weeks of the beginning of their new contract.
* You will need to make an online reservation: Click me
* When visiting immigration, get a copy of your degree and criminal check certified by immigration. Your director will need to submit them to the local Office of Education.
What documents do you need?
- Signed contract (copy and original)
- Passport – you will get your passport back.
- ARC (Alien registration card)
- Tax receipt (근로소득원천징수) – Get this at your local tax office
- Letter of release from former employer – If you finished your contract, you DO NOT need Letter of release
- Application Form (you can get this at the Immigration office)
- 60,000 WON (visa FEE)
- School business license copy
- School registration copy
- Your work schedule
- Singed contract
- School housing contract (if you have your own place then need to bring yours)
- Confirmation of Residence/Accommodation